In Part 1, we talked about reasons to spice up your date nigh with tips to start making your sex/dating/love life better. Part 2 will gives you ideas to create your own “Spice Up Your Date Night Bucket List.”
- Couples Massage: If you enjoy massages alone, why not get them as a couple? There are no rules to couples massages! You can choose to talk or not talk, sleep or not sleep, partially clothed or nude. It’s up to you and your partner! From my experience, great massage therapists will discuss with you (and your partner) your expectations of the experience. Want to make this time together MORE hands on? Find a massage therapist who offers classes on giving massages to others and do it at home with your partner!
- Boudoir Photo Shoot: Who says sexy photos are just for Victoria Secret models? Don’t tell me your body is not “right” for lingerie or photos. Your body is what you want it to be and what your partner likes! Why not show it off for you and that special person in your life? Make it a date and go together for a session or go solo and surprise your special someone with a portfolio! Again, communicate your needs and wants with your partner and the photographer! Tell them what YOU are comfortable with doing and what you are not comfortable doing. You don’t want to show too much skin? Then, DON’T! Make the time enjoyable for you BOTH.
- Park Picnic: A spiced up date doesn’t always have to be at night, right? Plan a day in the park! Do you like to eat? Take a picnic! Do you like to be active? Plan some games or activities. Looking for something more romantic? Plan an evening picnic dinner with wine, candles, blankets; whatever gets you in the mood.
- Teach your partner a skill: I’m an advocate that partners can have differing interests and hobbies, but why not teach each other something you’re good at and enjoy? This suggestion also comes from blog reader too! Do you enjoy cooking, woodwork, gardening, shooting guns, playing a sport/game, etc? Take a day or half a day to teach your partner. There is nothing wrong with sharing your hobbies; just communicate your expectations and boundaries with your partner. If you have regular time with a group doing your hobby, state your need to keep that time without your partner. If your partner ends up enjoying the hobby, negotiate time for him/her to join or time for you both to enjoy together.
- Learn something new together: Have you always wanted to learn or try and new skill or hobby? Grab your partner and go! Like the above suggestion, you might find a hobby you both enjoy or that you enjoy separately!
- Erotic Workshop: Want to explore your more sensual side together? Check out an erotic class or workshop. Explore adult stores or dance studios for classes and workshops. As with many of the suggestions in this blog, communication is the key! Communicate with your partner your interests and comfort level as well as respect each others opinions and comfort levels.
Interested in any of the above? Add them to your own “Spice Up Your Date Night Bucket List” as well as check out local area resources! Have suggestions? Go to the contact page and email me! You never know if you’ll see them in a future blog!